• Two week rotations each with the final week of the program in the area of your choice.
Technician Program Dates
The program will begin June 2, 2016 and conclude July 29, 2016. Other dates of interest include:
- February 15 – applications accepted for NT
- March 31 – application deadline for Summer Nurse Tech Program
- April 4-15 – Nurse Tech Interviews
- June 1-3 – Hospital & Nurse Tech Orientation
To be eligible for the Nurse Tech Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- a nursing student in an ADN or BSN program
- currently enrolled in good standing in a nursing program
- successfully completed the first semester of nursing clinicals
- able to work 24-40 hours per week for the program
Complete a CCMH application on our website, please see below for address. Make your application to the Nurse Tech posting. Provide one written recommendation by a current faculty member. Provide a transcript through the previous semester. The transcript must show completion of courses up to the final year of course work and a 2.5 GPA in the last 60 hours of course work.
Those participating in the Nurse Tech Program will have the following job duties:
- provide patient treatments
- assist with patient IVs
- monitor patient status
- assist with patient activities
- participate in patient nutrition
- assist with patient personal hygiene
The Summer Nurse Tech Program at Comanche County Memorial Hospital is an 8-week program designed to introduce you to the main segments of the hospital setting. This program allows students to experience the continuity of patient care, experience the realities of full-time employment and experience day-to-day staffing patterns. In addition to being introduced to these areas, you will be asked to participate on the night shift. Your introduction to the realities of nursing will allow you to gather the experience necessary for quality career placement. An experienced RN Preceptor will provide professional guidance throughout the program, in addition to weekly and other scheduled activities.
Each Summer Nurse Tech will be assigned an RN preceptor for the duration of each rotation. You will be able to gain insight into everyday nurse functions and experience beyond the classroom.
Contact CCMH Recruiting (580) 510-7068 with questions.